Dell XPS One 27

Andrew Porretta

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I was thinking about picking up a XPS One 27 but I was wondering about the HDMI in. Is there a resolution limitation (is it HDMI 1.4?). I'd realistically like to use it for a touch screen pc and have it for secondary functions while my gaming pc is hooked into it for display.

ACTechy

Distinguished
The XPS One 27 isn't a touch screen model, so nothing that you plug into it will be touch screen either....in terms of resolution, if it's true that you can use it as a monitor, it would seem like anything hooked up to it could display up to it's native resolution of 2560 x 1440, but this may not be the case if your source resolution isn't that high. In that case, it will probably be the lower of the two resolutions.

Andrew Porretta

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

The two latest models since late 2012 are touch screen. Touch screen for the gaming computer wasnt an issue for what I want it for, only display, and I wouldnt expect touch screen over HDMI anyway. My concern was if the HDMI In, which it does have, was HDMI 1.4 or not. Even if its a newer PC I've still seen plenty of non 1.4 compliant ports that are still coming out which is my concern at this point since I cannot find any documentation on it.

ACTechy

Distinguished

Oh gotcha, hadn't seen those. From my understanding there's not really much of a difference, besides that 1.4 is for HD 3D...so if you're not using it for that, you won't see a difference.

Andrew Porretta

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Actually besides 3d anything below 1.4 is only 1080p which with this monitor would be below the native resolution :(