[SOLVED] Dell XPS8500 Desktop no any Video

dainova

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hi, I had that Dell quite slow for some time and then finally I lost all video, neither port on PCIe or ingratiated board works. Tried all connections (VGA, HDMI, DVI . No Windows no any BIOS screen, totally nothing. As I don't have any feedback I"m totally lost, I removed PCI card and tried to boot with the same result, no any Signal coming from ingreaged VGA, what would be next step to troubleshoot ? How I can set right Diagnosys for it ?
One more time there is no any video, no Dell Logo, no BIOS after F8, totally nothing. LCD and all cables tested OK on working system.

I assume that once PCIe card (NVIDIA P1310 ) installed, internal on-Board video is disabled, so it might be bad PCIe? This probably could be best scenario..?
Power sounds OK, all fans started once button pressed. Can open/close DVD tray. Not sure if this is enough indication for power test .

Should I try to boot it up from CD?

Tx much all
Mario

Last edited:
Solution
@gerald . I can not see anything, as I don't have ANY video.
@GrandS. I tested OK my monitor and used cables on running system,

From what I learned by far problem could be either on
-Power Supp
-Memory
-CPU
-MB

Tx,
  • you can check your psu using paper clip, do the fan spinning without stopped ? if you don't know how to, you can find the tutorial on youtube.
  • if your psu is good,try to boot the systems wihout the HDD. Do the cpu fan spinning ? if they spinning and still no display, try to boot 1 stick ram and try each slot

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
One thing that must be tested first is to make sure the problem is not independent of the computer. If you can try a different monitor. If you don't have a spare monitor to test, you could try on your television if you have one. Dead monitors are not so rare.

dainova

Distinguished
May 14, 2009

-Power Supp
-Memory
-CPU
-MB

Tx,

-Power Supp
-Memory
-CPU
-MB

Tx,
  • you can check your psu using paper clip, do the fan spinning without stopped ? if you don't know how to, you can find the tutorial on youtube.
  • if your psu is good,try to boot the systems wihout the HDD. Do the cpu fan spinning ? if they spinning and still no display, try to boot 1 stick ram and try each slot

Solution