ChingChing

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
HI

I bought Dell XPS 8500 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR5 - but when I received the computer I noticed that the card was not the same as selected under options. The one they sent me had only one out-put. While the the one seletected had two out-puts. The one sent to me was infact NVIDIA GeForce
GT 640 OEM 1GB GDDR5. When I complaint to Dell they said that the one sent is what they provide. I am beginning to wonder if other components are also of inferior quality.

ChingChing

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Should I return the PC - would you have an email address of DELL where I can tell them that this is bad business practice that they advertise one item in selection and send a different one?? Whats your take on this Thanks

nna2

Distinguished
if you want to return it, thats up to you, but it's a pretty minor detail, especally for a card that low in the spectrum

i would reccomend building a custom PC, it's a bit daunting at first, but it's alot more satisfying, and you can get better parts for cheaper

i doubt dell really cares, even if you sent em an email, it would probably get binned before it hits anyone that could change anything

fastreaction

Distinguished
May 24, 2012

This. I wouldn't try to return it since it is only frustrating and Dell won't care. Next time try to build a pc your own or buy from a pc local store instead of Dell.

- Fastreaction