Dellpreferredaccount

G

Hello,
Several months ago I called Dell, explained my lack of finances situation.....not to mention that I have been paying above and beyond the Minimum amt. due since 2004 for the desktop that I ordered at that time. I beieve that I have purchased at least 3-4 of their systems because regardless how much I pay monthly there is ALWAYS finance charges agged. I decided that I had had enough of their games and told them that I would no longer pay for the desktop,since it was payed for LONG ago. That was probably in May....each month they added late fees, interest,etc.... Finally I realized that I would probable face a lawsuit if I didn't pay (although I did tell them that they were welcome to file suit and/or come pick the Dell PC up and take that as paid in full.
Being just a tad gullible, after them constantly sending me threats, I agreed to a hardship program. This meant that I would pay $14.00 per month with no interest,etc....
Guess what ? I get a bill in the mail today saying that I owe with interest and as stated on bill a 'regular plan' 3 times as much as I agreed with the Dell Rep. that I could pay. I called them, got cut off, called back, was transferred to a different dept., then I was told that they were closed, to call back later. Who are these people ? Who does Dell think they are ? Help, please, I don't knolw what to do. Any suggestions ?

It can be a frustrating affair when it comes to such matters. I'd recommend calling back when they are open again and demand to talk to a supervisor. From there, explain the situation once again and what was agreed to with the previous rep. Hopefully from there you can get things worked out.