News Dell's Concept Luna Is a Snap-Together Laptop With No Screws, Few Wires

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Perhaps we should read the article before racing down to the comments section?

Reminds me of a japanese puzzle box kinda. The next step after this would be easy upgrades for your laptop. Like if you got a cheap-o stripped down office laptop but you could slide in a "gaming module" with a chonkier heatsink and better gpu. Cool idea I hope it comes to fruition.

Reactions: King_V
Perhaps we should read the article before racing down to the comments section?

Reminds me of a japanese puzzle box kinda. The next step after this would be easy upgrades for your laptop. Like if you got a cheap-o stripped down office laptop but you could slide in a "gaming module" with a chonkier heatsink and better gpu. Cool idea I hope it comes to fruition.

I never learned how to read. I spent too much time jumping to conclusions. Sorry!

RandomWan

Prominent
Sep 22, 2022
Dell, master of the proprietary parts, wants to go modular because e-waste. Framework has already got the jump on implementing these options and Dell comes to the party late after decades of increasing the likelihood their products become e-waste and yells, "Modular!" while waving jazz hands.

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Unless Dell plans on releasing this to the general public and converting most of their mobile line-up to something equivalent to this, otherwise, Dell is gas-lighting all of us.

Teasing us of what "Could Be", instead of what is.

A 120mm x 120mm "Nano-ITX" MoBo Standard would solve most issues.
We just need a "Updated MXM connector port on the side that faces "Side-Ways".

As for CPU, just have us screw in the CPU with a Torque limited Screw and mount the cooler assembly on top.

We know how to use Screw Drivers, even torque limited ones, it isn't hard.

Heck, even Dell's Compression Memory Module can co-exist by having it screwed in on a different end of the MoBo.