Dell's New Look Logo That You May Never Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Still looks incredibly early 90's, and conjures up all the images associated with that time - beige boxes, basic GUIs, command prompts, etc.

I can't help but think of Dell as a producer of ugly, low-spec family PCs rather than something I'd actually consider buying, even though that's not really the case anymore with the XPS line. They should consider revamping their entire brand image as well as just the logo - and more dramatically than this.

Dell still is low quality & bad costumer suppoert to me... don't buy any of their product.

So many of the laptops turns out to die after waranty and most of the pentium 4 tower has big problems because of low quality product just after a few years.

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]malphas[/nom]Still looks incredibly early 90's, and conjures up all the images associated with that time - beige boxes, basic GUIs, command prompts, etc.I can't help but think of Dell as a producer of ugly, low-spec family PCs rather than something I'd actually consider buying, even though that's not really the case anymore with the XPS line. They should consider revamping their entire brand image as well as just the logo - and more dramatically than this.[/citation]
ditto. I have an xps which was great. I upgraded the gpu and psu about two years after having it but I think they just need to look more modern. Not so much their products, but their image for sure.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]James296[/nom]Must be a slow day if toms thinks this is news[/citation]
Sunday? Yes, you're right. I shouldn't bother putting up any new content on weekends. :sarcastic:

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Sunday? Yes, you're right. I shouldn't bother putting up any new content on weekends.[/citation]You western people with your sunday's off!!!

I has school on sundays... It's my monday... Always when I want news to be posted so I have something to read during boring lessons, it's sunday.. :'(

As for the dell logo, WOW WHAT A BREAKTHROUGH, I MEAN, SERIOUSLY AMAZING STUFF MAN.... /sarcasm

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
The sad thing is... Dell probably spent thousands of dollars redoing a logo that I could (or anyone else) build with Illustrator in 5 minutes.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
seems like a stupid change. Most companies tend to hire expensive workers to design a logo or make a change and often, it is a stupid change that either no one likes or a change that people wont notice.

I guess thats what happens when you have more money than you know what to do with

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]NightLight[/nom]FIRE the man who made this! I mean COME ON! I can use paint to recreate this in seconds![/citation]

You would be surprised. Gap changed their logo not too long ago and their sales dipped considerably. I took a design course in school and it was probably one of my hardest classes. (engineer)

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]squanto[/nom]You would be surprised. Gap changed their logo not too long ago and their sales dipped considerably. I took a design course in school and it was probably one of my hardest classes. (engineer)[/citation]

I think gap changed their logo because someone was drunk photoshopping at the company again

Status
Not open for further replies.