• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Delta 80mm fan

Tomlin

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
I am looking at buying a couple of new heatsinks for my computers and wanted to put the Delta 80mm fans ontop of them(they don't come with fans).

At the site I was going to buy the fans from there was a warning telling you not to connect the fan directly to the motherboard.

Any ideas of the best way to connect up these fans and how hard it is to do? I really really like to avoid frying my cpu's by having poorly connected fans.

Thanks for any help!

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
Buy a <A HREF="http://www.coolerguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=001&Product_Code=840556000020&Category_Code=AD-WIR" target="_new">three pin to four pin adater</A>. This is just one site there are many others to choose from.

Also make sure you buy 12V fans and not 24V. Most places only sell 12V but I don't know what you are exactly looking at.

<b>"If I melt dry ice in a bathtub, can I take a bath without getting wet?" - Steven Wright</b>