Delta DVD ROM

G

Staples had a sale on a Delta 12X DVD ROM drive for $100. They also threw in speakers that cost about $30 bringing the proce down to $70. I could not resist. I'm building a new system and had to buy it. Problem is I don't know anything about DELTA. Anyone have any experiences with their stuff? This DVD in particular. BTW I had never heard of Mitsumi when I purchased my current computer either and no problems with those CD-ROMS.

Thanks,
Bill

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Delta's ROMs are rated as "average" generally.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

ps23tlims

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I have a DELTA CDROM 52X. I haven't had any trouble with it. I've owned it six months now. I did have a question for them and have emailed them twice. They have never responded. They have, (in my opinion) terrible tech support. Also, they don't have a phone number on their site that you could call in case you don't get a response from email.

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Delta is kinda a so-so brand. I've had experience with their CD ROMs and they are OK, but not great. I don't know anyhting about their DVD drives.

If it works OK, keep it. But if you have any problems I'd bring it back right away and exchange it for a "name brand" drive.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

G

DON'T GET IT!!! I've heard alot of bad things about this drive, and for that price you could order the FASTEST dvd rom out (pioneer 16x) online!! find it at www.pricewatch.com

G

I recently purchased a Delta 52x IDE CD-ROM. It began making grinding noises and basically stopped working. They have NO phone support, and basically no way to contact them. I've sent the drive for repair using their automated RMA webpage but have heard nothing from the company as far as status.

I will be selling the replacement drive and adding Delta to my list of manufactures I won't purchase from again. Western Digital, Maxtor, and AOpen/Acer are the others on my list, in case you're curious.