[SOLVED] Delta PSU from Ebay all voltages are good but not working on PC

Feb 19, 2021
I got a Delta PSU 475w, it's working without shorting the green and the ground, I tested voltage on 12v, 3.3v, 5v, it's good and stable. But I hear a click when I try to power on any PC with the PSU and nothing happens, PSU refuse to work with a PC. And if I remove it from PC, the PSU work fine...
I don't understand what is the problem..., is there any PSU expert who can explain why that is happening ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Was this PSU sourced from an HP build though? They have an obnoxious tendency to use proprietary connectors, even ones that look like they're the standard ones. And they'll also document this extremely poorly. These parts are not designed to be used in the same way as aftermarket parts are.
I got a Delta PSU 475w, it's working without shorting the green and the ground, I tested voltage on 12v, 3.3v, 5v, it's good and stable. But I hear a click when I try to power on any PC with the PSU and nothing happens, PSU refuse to work with a PC. And if I remove it from PC, the PSU work fine...
I don't understand what is the problem..., is there any PSU expert who can explain why that is happening ?

Thanks
Not a expert but what it sounds like is happening basically is there is a short in a wire and its grounding the psu out so it's not getting proper power supplied steadly when theres a system connected.... Basically the short is syphoning the power needed off and out

Reactions: nasserk

Thanks

What's the part number for the PSU?

What motherboard?

Some HP and Dell PSUs are 24-pin, but do not use the standard ATX pinout.

Last edited:
Reactions: nasserk

DSzymborski

Titan
Was this PSU sourced from an HP build though? They have an obnoxious tendency to use proprietary connectors, even ones that look like they're the standard ones. And they'll also document this extremely poorly. These parts are not designed to be used in the same way as aftermarket parts are.

Solution
Feb 19, 2021
Thank you, I did not know that some play with the ATX standard to break compatibility, with the risk to blow up expansive PC..., hopefully the Delta PSU have good protections.
I maked a modification on the PSU connector to make it ATX, tested on a old PC for 30 minutes, it worked perfectly

Reactions: white.a.drew

TRENDING THREADS