Question Demanding Games Causing PC to fully crash/restart

ADog1399

Commendable
Aug 6, 2020
Hey guys, so my friend built a pc not too long ago (specs at the end,) and anytime we try to get games like COD warzone, Rust, and the new COD campaign to run, his whole system shuts down and restarts right when you click "play". I was unsure of what really could be causing this, because the PC has passed overnight memtest86, 6 hours prime 95, and 6 hours on furmark. It runs another demanding game, Apex Legends really well, and honestly I thought it could be a PSU issue, but idk what it could be. Im going to be going to work within 45 minutes so if I dont respond right away, I'll try my best to respond to them quite quickly. Thanks. Specs below:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
CPU Cooler: Corsair H1165i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid cooler
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 Ga, 80+ GOLD 850 Watt
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti
RAM: Trident Z 16GB (2x8) 3600MHZ
SSD: SAMSUNG EVO 1TB & SAMSUNG EVO 500GB
Motherboard: ASRock x570 Steel Legend AM4

ADog1399

Commendable
Aug 6, 2020
Restarts are typically caused by either PSU or motherboard. Now, you run Prime 95 and furmark, but did you try running them both at the same time? If system is overloading your PSU running both programs together should cause similar restart.

Will do that and let you know! thanks.

ADog1399

Commendable
Aug 6, 2020
Restarts are typically caused by either PSU or motherboard. Now, you run Prime 95 and furmark, but did you try running them both at the same time? If system is overloading your PSU running both programs together should cause similar restart.

I ran both at the same time for 3 minutes, and the pc did not in fact crash at all.

TRENDING THREADS