[SOLVED] "Demanding/high-end" games I play crash to desktop without an error message

Nov 11, 2018
All "demanding/high-end" games (Overwatch, Black Ops 4) crash to desktop without an error message sometimes while playing. Nothing appears as if I just exited the application normally. It can happen after 5 minutes, or it can happen only once a day. I have replaced everything in my computer except my graphics cards, SSD, HDD and it still crashes… I also updated my bios on my motherboard and it still happens. I'm at a loss. I’ve had this problem for years and want to finally get it fixed.

MSInfo: http://
Dxdiag: http://

I checked error logs and found something like this, but I'm not sure if this is the source of the problem. The error happens every hour and I tried googling the name of the application it is trying to call, but can't find anything on it.

http://

Another error I found when my game closed to desktop

http://

Along with this message:
Fault bucket 1738183077356423188, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: Warhammer2.exe
P2: 1.5.0.0
P3: 5be33dce
P4: Warhammer2.exe
P5: 1.5.0.0
P6: 5be33dce
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000001e3809c
P9:
P10:
Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCA9.tmp.dmp
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD37.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD57.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD55.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD66.tmp.txt
These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Warhammer2.exe_18642639dce81a1fafac304a39ba5a6762eec815_c814fd16_3bda0f59
Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 6ea48baa-0839-413d-b838-f9f54234dd50
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 800600df643d6fe8b81f444cb06cc814
Cab Guid: 0

Solution
So you NEED to reinstall windows as you may have multiple driver faults, you have an SSD and a HDD so copy all the files you want to keep on to the HDD, applications can just be downloaded and wipe the SSD and install a clean version of windows. You say the graphics card is fine but you've replaced almost everything but that if this is a recurring problem and you've changed MOBO/CPU/RAM/PSU you can pretty much rule them out, it only happens gaming? You can rule out the storage leaving a driver or GPU fault, unless you have access to someone else's system to test your GPU in (not theirs in yours as you NEED to reinstall windows) reinstalling windows is the easiest method to check that its not a driver fault.

menlui

Respectable
Jul 18, 2018
The i7-8700 is just over a year old so this cant have been going for years. If you've been upgrading recently and changed MOBO/CPU/RAM did you reinstall windows? How old is your PSU? What model is it? How old is the 960?

Nov 11, 2018

It has been going on for years. That is why I changed everything (cpu included) and it still causes the same problem. Very frustrating and expensive problem.

When I changed my motherboard, I had to renew my key for Windows. I haven't reinstalled Windows because I don't want to lose all my files and applications. My PSU is half a year old, just replaced it with a new one suspecting it was a PSU problem.

The PSU model: PSU Model

The 960 is 3 years old, but I don't get any graphical glitches when the game closes unexpectedly.

It also seems to be crashing on the hour sometimes, but not always. When it is 1PM, 2PM, etc, the game closes. I think it is related to "coredpussvr.exe", but I'm not sure.

menlui

Respectable
Jul 18, 2018
So you NEED to reinstall windows as you may have multiple driver faults, you have an SSD and a HDD so copy all the files you want to keep on to the HDD, applications can just be downloaded and wipe the SSD and install a clean version of windows. You say the graphics card is fine but you've replaced almost everything but that if this is a recurring problem and you've changed MOBO/CPU/RAM/PSU you can pretty much rule them out, it only happens gaming? You can rule out the storage leaving a driver or GPU fault, unless you have access to someone else's system to test your GPU in (not theirs in yours as you NEED to reinstall windows) reinstalling windows is the easiest method to check that its not a driver fault.

Solution