[SOLVED] Dents/pores on Scythe Fuma 2 - possible reasons + grinding?

Dec 14, 2021
l97UPgnS_o.jpg

I've sniped this cooler in used condition and disinfected it with very warm water + dish soap with citrine smell (not sure if it adds acidic part). Used some 70/30 isopropyl/water mix first, to get rid of excessive old thermal paste, before submerging cooler in dish soap/water bath.

After bathing for 1-2h, I've noticed there are some spots/dots that I can feel with finger - seems to be small porous dents and I can't tell if it's caused by my way of cleaning or it's something you'd expect from normal usage of previous owner. Some dents have irregular smooth/distorted oval shapes, some have sharper shapes that make me thing it could be scratches.
Base is nickel coated. Main material is probably copper?

What do you think?

I'm thinking about grinding it, starting with 1000 sand paper and go up 2000-3000, then polish it with dremel+polishing paste. Sounds good/is it worth? Nickel layer will be probably gone (partially or fully) and would make only concern with putting cooler as fast possible on CPU, before copper oxidization kicks in. I worry also about how it would affect surface pressure coverage.