Department of justice malware issue

AHS-Hak

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my laptop alienware M14x Windows 7 system. I got hit with the department of justice malware.

I tried everything suggested online, but still can't bypass the freezing screen, any suggestion? will I need to change my hard drive maybe?

Solution
Did "everything" include using a Windows 7 DVD to run StartUp repair options and go to Command Prompt to kickstart the Administrator account? If you can do that, the system Admin account won't have been infected and wlil allow yo uaccess to the system to fix the problem.

The Command Prompt syntax wil be:-
net user Administrator active:yes
and yes, that capital A is crucial.

When you remove the DVD and go for a normal startup, the Administrator account icon will show up beside yours. Then some of the fixes you already read will be accessible.

My own preference is ComboFix which you download from bleepingcomputer.com after carefully reading the instructions.
Did "everything" include using a Windows 7 DVD to run StartUp repair options and go to Command Prompt to kickstart the Administrator account? If you can do that, the system Admin account won't have been infected and wlil allow yo uaccess to the system to fix the problem.

The Command Prompt syntax wil be:-
net user Administrator active:yes
and yes, that capital A is crucial.

When you remove the DVD and go for a normal startup, the Administrator account icon will show up beside yours. Then some of the fixes you already read will be accessible.

My own preference is ComboFix which you download from bleepingcomputer.com after carefully reading the instructions.

Solution