mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
Maybe toms should stop listing all of those design articles as news. especially the ones that don't reference an actual product.

If nothing has actually been invented, nothing is actually being built, nothing has even been shown to be possible, it's just a picture from someone's imagination, and is not news.

I agree. I'm starting to find the "design" articles a bit misleading. Perhaps something in parenthesis at the end of the title on the main page like (Design) would be appropriate.

mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
or another example in the news:
"Camera Features Detachable Wireless Lens "
hey cool, that's a good idea. I want one, where can I ... oh.. there actually is no such camera.

Aionism

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I'd like the ability to not see any of those awful Tom's Style articles on the Tom's Hardware homepage. At least regular Tom's Guide articles are often about computers. I really don't care about the latest solar powered combo cheese grater/iPhone dock/compass.

mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
wait a minute, a solar powered cheese grater/iphone/compass -might- be cool...

if it actually existed ...

but if it's just someone saying "hey what if you had a one inch square solar panel that could power a 500 watt speaker system, fly using "wind technology", be invisible using "nanotechnology", and had a cheese grater and a compass?"

then... nice imagination i guess?