I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the power
button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right above
the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the Gameboy
advance would have been fine.

But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
Final Fantasy with my kids.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
> location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the
power
> button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right
above
> the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the
Gameboy
> advance would have been fine.
>
> But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
> Final Fantasy with my kids.

Haven't accidently turned the DS's power off (yet), but --- how is Madden
2005 DS?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
>location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the power
>button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right above
>the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the Gameboy
>advance would have been fine.

You have a fat thumb? :)

Gary.

"Gary" <g@g.com> wrote in message
> "Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in
> message news:J6Isd.1122$eq6.549@trndny08...
>>I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
>>location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the
>>power button several times during play. IMHO having the power button
>>right above the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that
>>of the Gameboy advance would have been fine.
>

> You have a fat thumb? :)
>
> Gary.

I was leaning toward my left handedness.

It's good. Way better then the one for the Gameboy Advance.

"Eric" <none@nospam.not> wrote in message

> "Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in
> message
>> I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
>> location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the
> power
>> button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right
> above
>> the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the
> Gameboy
>> advance would have been fine.
>>
>> But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
>> Final Fantasy with my kids.
>
> Haven't accidently turned the DS's power off (yet), but --- how is Madden
> 2005 DS?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> >> But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
> >> Final Fantasy with my kids.
> >
> > Haven't accidently turned the DS's power off (yet), but --- how is
Madden
> > 2005 DS?
>
> It's good. Way better then the one for the Gameboy Advance.

Didn't care too much for GBA Madden 2004. Bought it at full retail ($30),
so now am a little hesitant about Madden on a handheld.