Question Desk PC air flow

Mar 6, 2019
Designing a desk PC at the moment and just trying to make sure I have enough air flow through the desk, and also if the intake fans will work how I want to position them, I’ll attach a drawing I’ve done to show how I want to position them, if you guys could let me know if it will work.

This image will be symmetrical on both sides of the desk. If you need more information I can post photos of desk more, ( it will also be a basic gaming pc and will not be overclocked)

View: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/QM7hTJr

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So 3x 120mm fans on each side of the desk, 1 side intake the other exhaust. Won't be an issue as long as the space between them isn't too far otherwise the vacuum draw from the exhausts will not be sufficient to pull the air from above the mobo.

Mar 6, 2019
Sorry, I thought I had replied, I will have 6 total intakes, 3 either side of desk and then 3 exhaust fans on the front of the desk
lY0tIX4.jpg

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bad idea. You sit at the front of the desk. You'll have the entire output heat of cpu/mobo/gpu/psu? Directed right towards your crotch.

If you have the room/real-estate available between all the components I'd be putting the intake fans there, either side of the mobo etc, right in the bottom of the desk, above your knees. Then use the side vents as exhaust.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019
Was hopeing to keep the side fans as intakes, as the Corsair LL120 fans rgb lights are single sided and will only pull air in, what if I put another piece of timber in so rather then aiming at my crotch it gets pushed down to the floor?

TRENDING THREADS