[SOLVED] Desk purely for PC?

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey everyone, I don't know if this is the right area to post in, but I didn't know where else to ask.
Basically, I want to get a second monitor for my setup, but with my computer being on my desk, it will be too cramped. I don't want to get a new desk as I feel that would be a huge waste of money. I like to show off my PC and look at it often, so I decided that I wanted just a separate very small desk just to put my computer tower on, so I could have my 2 monitors and keyboard/mouse on the desk I have now, and my PC on a separate small desk next to it.
Any ideas? I know this is purely a tech forum or whatever but I didn't know of any other place to ask.
If I didn't explain very well please let me know.
Thanks! :)

Solution
Well I don’t want it to look that bad and I want it to fit in with the black/white theme I got going on, but I’ll try these suggestions.

Finding a desk to fit the system and match your existing desk/room is not really hard, just look at any place the sells furniture. It's even likely that the desk brand and model you are using has a smaller model or a side table or a night table that matches the design. You don't need what is probably about combined 100 years of tech experience to tell you how to find a desk LOL Common sense would tell you what works, size/shape/color/price that fits what you want. Just make sure it's not too flimsy so your computer will not be stable on it, we don't know what your setup looks like or...
Heck, my neighbors were just throwing away a table this size the other year. It got a little dressed up with new paint and it looks nice. Not used for a PC though. Look around for that.

Check local thrift stores and such (if they are open)

White paint isn't particularly pricy if you need to change the color of it.

Well I don’t want it to look that bad and I want it to fit in with the black/white theme I got going on, but I’ll try these suggestions.

Finding a desk to fit the system and match your existing desk/room is not really hard, just look at any place the sells furniture. It's even likely that the desk brand and model you are using has a smaller model or a side table or a night table that matches the design. You don't need what is probably about combined 100 years of tech experience to tell you how to find a desk LOL Common sense would tell you what works, size/shape/color/price that fits what you want. Just make sure it's not too flimsy so your computer will not be stable on it, we don't know what your setup looks like or what will fit or what you like.

Craigslist tends to have some decent things available, I like looking at IKEA stuff, it tends to match most modern looks, is sturdier than most other cheap furniture and popular enough to be found used all over the place. I have 3 different style computer desks from IKEA, as is my bedroom set, no complaints about them.

Solution

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
You could go to the hardware store get a piece of white shelf board cut it just slightly bigger than the base of the computer put it on the ground at the side of the desk and put tower on top of it. cheapest solution! I would build myself a new desk but I have access to a wood shop.