Question Deskmini GTX z390

probie101

Prominent
Feb 10, 2020
Good Day,
Has anyone experience with this DIY kit running GTX1070 + i5-9400?
It was released in 2018 but no where to be found except Taiwan.
I pickup 3 of them in Taiwan & not doing so well.

Any feedback welcome.

probie101

Prominent
Feb 10, 2020
1st system ran well through the weekend & refuses to boot the coming Monday. Thinking could be a power spike as our power pretty hopeless these day. Pull the battery off & disconnected all leads. Next day still no signs of life. 2nd & 3rd didn't last through the day. Shipped the lot back & was replaced. Couldn't get no support from Asrock. Seller did warranty.
3 units were repaired & returned. Was told board's PCH has failed(all of them).
My second attempt was the same GTX1070 MxM + i5-9400F+500GB 970Evo Plus. Running of brass stand-offs.
Make sure there are nothing in the way of shorting. Manged to do a full W10 install + all drivers & Ms Updates. Simply hook up a side fan(ID-Cooling HA9215M-Z) System stop booting. Send all info to Asrock TSD-India for advise. They refuse to support by telling me these units are not sold to Australia, send back to seller.
During the LONG wait for response. I tried again with extra caution on the 2nd returned board but shared the same faith.
In desperation to seek answers to the caused of cooking 5 boards. I send a faulty board to our local surface mount repair centre for answers.
Meanwhile received 2nd email from TSD claiming that the serial numbers of these boards were sold with GTX1060, not GTX1070 - contact supplier. On Asrock site clearly stated this unit do support an i9-9900K + GTX1080. 3 units were all supplied by the same supplier I Taiwan & been very helpful in getting warranty done.

The 2nd day got an answer from the repair centre stating that I have blown the PCH (AGAIN). The PCH chip is a new series & they have no knowledge of it's reliability.
I have send another request to confirm is there a PCH issues in handling the power & got the same answer we do not provide global support. Send back to supplier.
It will be a 4 weeks' wait for the new PCH chips as they are coming from China. The cost of sending back to Taiwan for 2nd warranty claim can only add frustration to the unwillingness to support from Asrock. Will fill you in once I get them back. Still have one board left & I'm too frighten to fire it up.
I have seen one too many great reviews about this unit & pretty disappointing of the true fact I'm copping.
Wonder why these unit were released since 2018 & can only be purchased in Taiwan.

Once I get my faulty boards back from my local repair centre, I will conclude my findings. It has been a very costly exercise for me.