Deskpro BIOS....

How can you access the BIOS on an old Compaq Deskpro? Already tried the
usual stuff... DEL after POST, F4, F5, F8, F10... Nothing.
Any suggestions
Thanks,
Gilbert

hh

If F10 doesn't work, it means the non-DOS setup partition at the front of
the hard drive is damaged or missing. If this is the case, go here:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
SoftPaq as well.

HH

"Gilbert d" <pgdionne@rogers.com> wrote in message
> How can you access the BIOS on an old Compaq Deskpro? Already tried the
> usual stuff... DEL after POST, F4, F5, F8, F10... Nothing.
> Any suggestions
> Thanks,
> Gilbert

Gilbert,

on my old laptop it's F2. Don't know when this was changed by Compaq.

Good luck,
Theo

"Gilbert d" <pgdionne@rogers.com> wrote in message
> How can you access the BIOS on an old Compaq Deskpro? Already tried the
> usual stuff... DEL after POST, F4, F5, F8, F10... Nothing.
> Any suggestions
> Thanks,
> Gilbert

hh

Never F2 on a Compaq. 95% are F10. A few newer Presarios are F1 and one
older Presario series (7100s) were <delete>. Older DeskPros, Prolineas and
Proliants are all F10.
HH

In article <Cn1_e.58$Q34.1819@news.uswest.net>, HH
<hahunt42@kgexpress.net> writes
>Never F2 on a Compaq. 95% are F10. A few newer Presarios are F1 and one
>older Presario series (7100s) were <delete>. Older DeskPros, Prolineas and
>Proliants are all F10.
>HH

Yes and some newer Presarios F10 is restore to Factory Setup
(destructive of data). Confusing and not very satisfactory, like top
posting.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"