Deskpro EN video card

I have a Rage Pro Turbo AGP 4Mb graphics card and would like to upgrade it.
It seems only certain cards will fit but I don't know which ones. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

Your system must an AGP slot with the so-called NLX mounting bracket. NLX-style
AGP cards are hard to come by. NLX was used by Compaq, IBM, Gateway, and maybe
a couple of other name brands. Known manufacturers of NLX cards include ATI (of
course), Matrox, Elsa, and S3 (actually a chipset, not a manufacturer).

As one might guess, cards with an NLX bracket were manufactured instead with
more traditional mounting brackets. In the past, I have closely examined the
physical structure of card and bracket, then changed an NLX card into a standard
AGP card.

Try eBay searching for NLX. If that fails, send me an email directly, and I'll
see what I have in my stack of AGP cards and NLX brackets... Ben Myers

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:59:20 -0000, "John McMurrugh" <mac2203@JRMcM.e7even.com>
wrote:

>I have a Rage Pro Turbo AGP 4Mb graphics card and would like to upgrade it.
>It seems only certain cards will fit but I don't know which ones. Any help
>would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>John

Ben,

Thanks for the info. Have been on Ebay and found only an Appian Gemini 2D
card. I need a 3D card for playing kids games - nothing too much, either in
power or expense.

If you have got an AGP card that will fit the Deskpro EN, I'd much
appreciate it.

Regards
John
p.s. couldn't send reply direct, kept being returned.