Desktop Background files.

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Does anyone know where the list of files, shown when you want to choose a
desktop background, are stored. I have used some photographs that are no
long on the computer, but they still show in the list of available
backgrounds. I would like to clean-up the list that shows in Display
Properties.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Richard, go to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
"Richard Goh" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
news:enc1AsyLFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Does anyone know where the list of files, shown when you want to choose a
> desktop background, are stored. I have used some photographs that are no
> long on the computer, but they still show in the list of available
> backgrounds. I would like to clean-up the list that shows in Display
> Properties.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I know that C:\Window\web\Wallpaper is where you store files you want to see
in the list. But if you "Browse" and pick up a picture from another folder,
this picture gets listed in the Display Properties list of backgrounds.
However, if you then delete this picture from the original folder, the list
still shows it.

There must be some place in the registry where this list is maintained.
That is what I am looking for.

"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
news:hz10e.5079$4Y.3131@twister.socal.rr.com...
> Richard, go to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
> "Richard Goh" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> news:enc1AsyLFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Does anyone know where the list of files, shown when you want to choose a
>> desktop background, are stored. I have used some photographs that are no
>> long on the computer, but they still show in the list of available
>> backgrounds. I would like to clean-up the list that shows in Display
>> Properties.
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
Wallpaper\MRU

Good luck reading the values in this puppy.

Double click each item to see what it is. Even though it's REG_BINARY, you
can read it in English. Sort of.

You may want to look at this...
144. Clear Wallpaper Most Frequently Used List
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eVlzdSzLFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Richard Goh <me@mailinator.com> hunted and pecked:
> I know that C:\Window\web\Wallpaper is where you store files you want
> to see in the list. But if you "Browse" and pick up a picture from
> another folder, this picture gets listed in the Display Properties
> list of backgrounds. However, if you then delete this picture from
> the original folder, the list still shows it.
>
> There must be some place in the registry where this list is
> maintained. That is what I am looking for.
>
> "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:hz10e.5079$4Y.3131@twister.socal.rr.com...
>> Richard, go to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
>> "Richard Goh" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> news:enc1AsyLFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> Does anyone know where the list of files, shown when you want to
>>> choose a desktop background, are stored. I have used some
>>> photographs that are no long on the computer, but they still show
>>> in the list of available backgrounds. I would like to clean-up
>>> the list that shows in Display Properties.
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY