Desktop Building with Low Budget for Normal Use

tasaras98

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
I want to build a PC for Home usage usually browsing and watching movies and occasionally for website building and a little Photoshop!
I don't want to go over 500$.
So I was thinking to go with a Ryzen 5 2400G or Ryzen 3 2200G APU to give up on a GPU that will cost at least 100$+!
Is that way better or should I think of a CPU like Ryzen 5 1600 plus a GPU??
Or at the end is it better to go with an Intel solution??
Any ideas and opinions will be thankful!
Any questions will be answered
Thank you

i would think it's best to get either a 8100 or 2200g and save some money for a ssd instead of a harddrive. that will improve the overall responsiveness of the system.

if i understand correctly, it will not be used heavily for gaming. so getting external card will be some what waste of money.

SonnyNXiong

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
that might be not possiblie to get a good system under $500 as you need to worry about the inflated Ram prices, and then you need to add in a nearly over $100 windows 10, and also ensure that if your case you get has enough fans to cool it. Also a good psu(i suggest gold) are also somewhat pricey.

tasaras98

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
Yes I don't usually play games!
I want smooth and fast browsing and web design!
Occasionally I use Photoshop but without heavy use!
I already have an SSD but I may buy an Evo 970 M2 for faster use!
But I won't rush I could use the SSD and then get some money to buy the M2!
So it's better to go with an APU!
Ryzen or Intel better??

G

Buying a Ryzen 5 2400G would save you money. It doesn't need a dedicated GPU for your usage and it can run AAA games someway. It has a integrated GPU with Vega 11 graphics which can deliver performance similar to a GT1030. 8GB ram would get you a smooth performance without any lag. Use 2x4GB ram sticks so the Ryzen 5 2400G can perform its best.

I would go with an i3 8100 plus two sticks of 4gb DDR4 ram, and a motherboard with four memory slots.

The applications you mention like Intel CPUs. No gaming means you don't even need the Ryzen graphics. Save money on ram now by only buying 8gb total. You'll still be able to add more later when it's cheaper, if your motherboard has 4 memory slots.

tasaras98

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
If I get a little bit old but Premium GPU from a friend is it better to go with a Ryzen 5 1600 or 2600 and when I get some money to upgrade the GPU with a new one??
Or with the use that I want with browsing an occasionally Photoshop is better to go with an APU and get something like a Ryzen 5 2400G or an i5 8400??

8400 is a much stronger CPU than 2400G, it's on par with 1600/1600x/2600/2600x.

keep in mind that because Intel had the market for so long, most software tends to play nice with Intel hardware.
so even though ryzen 1600/2600 is more powerful on paper, it needs proper software development to take full advantage.

Intel system are easier to set up (less memory issue) while amd gives you more control over the hardware (overclocking). if's up to you as ultimately you will get similar performance from either product.

which gpu are you getting? old high end gpu tends to consume quite bit of power and would need a 500w+ psu.

tasaras98

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
That's the good question...I am waiting from a friend who will build a new PC to give me the details of his old GPU!
I don't play games...I use my PC for browsing, web design, watching series and occasionally Photoshop and some normal video editing!
I think my use is better explained with one word like "Multitasking"!
So, I think your opinion is to go with Intel either way!
CPU or APU Intel is better for my type of use??

it would, but no one is recommending it as the upgrade path is limited.

you can get a Intel Pentium Gold G5400, it uses the latest mobo. just in case later on, you want to upgrade your system, all you need to do is put in a 8400/8700.

same goes with amd too, even 2200g though it's more expensive than g5400

tasaras98

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
I am with an Intel core 2 duo now!
So if I don't use a new CPU, even a Pentium which is a late generation CPU, I couldn't know if it matches my needs!
Of course even an i3 8100 is better than a Pentium Gold but it's also double Price!
So what if a Pentium Gold could cover my needs??
How can I know??
With almost 80$ I could go with a Pentium Gold g5500 with UHD 630 graphics too!

if in doubt, i would suggest go for 8100, which definitely fit your need, Pentium gold is a maybe. you have factor in the mobo, ram all that cost as well, and the 8100 ends up probably 15% to 20% more expensive.