Question Desktop + cheap laptop / gaming laptop with setup

Pcstarter

Reputable
May 3, 2017
Hey!
So I'm in a dilemma, next summer I will be moving around a lot between two places and I'm not sure what to do with my PC gaming. My current setup will be ditched since it's in a need of an upgrades in multiple departments. since I will be moving around between two places my first thought was a beefy, but slim gaming laptop with an 2070 RTX (since I need a laptop anyways) and then have a dual monitor setup with a keyboard in my main place, that would allow me to carry around headphones and mouse and just plugin my two monitors and a keyboard and voilà, a full gaming setup. that would be expensive though, since my budget is only around ~2600 +/- about 300€. then my second thought was to build a full tower ATX builr and get a normal productivity laptop, that would not let me game in my other place though. so what to get/do?

For clarification in each case I need to buy new monitors 2x, keyboard, mouse and headphones, I've taken those in to the budget.

What country?

Is the 2600€ what's left over after the monitors, keyboard, mouse, and headphones are paid for, or does that have to buy the peripherals ALSO. If so, have you already decided on the peripherals? How much is left solely for the laptop and/or desktop PC?

Are you driving or flying between the two residences?

What if your desktop PC was 37cm x 8cm x 33cm? or what if it's 38cm x 20cm x 31cm with a convenient carrying handle? (the version without the glass window of course). Does that change the goalposts?

Why do you need a laptop anyways? Are there additional usage needs aside from gaming at the two locations that necessitates a laptop?

Last edited:

Pcstarter

Reputable
May 3, 2017
What country?

Is the 2600€ what's left over after the monitors, keyboard, mouse, and headphones are paid for, or does that have to buy the peripherals ALSO. If so, have you already decided on the peripherals? How much is left solely for the laptop and/or desktop PC?

Are you driving or flying between the two residences?

What if your desktop PC was 37cm x 8cm x 33cm? or what if it's 38cm x 20cm x 31cm with a convenient carrying handle? (the version without the glass window of course). Does that change the goalposts?

Why do you need a laptop anyways? Are there additional usage needs aside from gaming at the two locations that necessitates a laptop?
The country is in the baltics. The 2600€ budget is meant for the entire setup, aka the computer, monitors and other peripherals. I will be moving by car. The small form factor with a carrying handle would be more comfortable than a regular pc, but the added setup: carrying sround a keyboard and a monitor and setting it up is still extra steps compared to just carrying around a laptop eith headphones and a mouse and just slapping that on the table, + I need a laptop for school anyways.

edit: I think in the scenario I go for the pc I would probably choose a shoebox type of pc case, it would be crammed but it's compact.