[SOLVED] Desktop computer doing a sound I can't identify where comes from

Sep 25, 2020
Hi guys, if anyone can help me identifying this sound I will be glad!

A brief history about when I notice it.

I recently (last week) updated my hardware, I changed the Moba, CPU, cooler and SSD for the following:
Moba: Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro DDR4 Socket LGA1200 Intel B460
CPU: i5-10400F
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper H410R
SSD: SSD WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe, WDS100T2B0C

Apart from these new parts I have on my computer:
GPU: GTX 1070 Galax
2 ram 8GB DDR4: 2400mhz viper
HD: 1TB SATA III Seagate (as the second drive)
PSU: Corsair RM550x

Well since I changed last week I noticed this sound happening, at first, I thought it was a sound for when it boots, but after some hours of use, it sometimes happens again while using the computer. I don't get any message everything works fine but I got worried because I don't know where the sound comes from. Anyone can help me identify it, please? I imagined it could be a sudden increase on cooler RPM or some random usage of my old HD SATA III but I'm not sure if its just this or could be something else. I recorded the sound and tried to cut where it happens, on this link there is the sound. The sound starts at 3 seconds, please if you can give me some idea of what is doing it it would be really helpful!

Here is the sound:

View: https://soundcloud.com/nonamefuckthis/sounddesktop

Sep 25, 2020
You're talking about that quick hummm at 3-4 seconds?

Could be the HDD. Unplug it and see if it still make the sound.
Yeah its that hummmmmmm that looks an 'acceleration'! the beginning and end of the audio are not sounds from computer between 3 seconds and 9 are the sounds that annoy me
Thanks, I'll try to unplug the HDD to see if the sound continues. Do you know what on the HDD trigger that sound? Is that a normal sound or should I already backup the HDD if it is doing that sound?

Last edited: