[SOLVED] desktop configuration dilemma

Mar 7, 2020
I'm buying a new desktop, and these are 2 options I can afford, but can't decide which one is better for gaming: i3 9100F 3.6GHz and AMD Radeon RX 560 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 and AMD Radeon RX 570? So if someone can help me, I would be grateful.

Solution
Neither does look really appealing, Can't find a used system with better specs? Going by a solid seller which doesn't sell bodged systems.

Does the Ryzen system have dualchannel ram?!

The Intel cpu is the better one where the RX 570 is the better gpu. Think that in several games the 1200 will bottleneck the RX 570,but for upgrade reasons this system would be a better choice. Mean getting a Ryzen 2600 in for a decent amount of money (look at used).

What budget do you have and any hesitation to build your own system? What country are you from? If you want to persue this angle.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

A computer is comprised of more than just a processor and a GPU. In fact it needs other reliably built components to help it provide a consistent output when taxed.

Please list your proposed build specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

we can then start to give advice's and suggestions. If you recycling parts from an older build, state their age.

Mar 7, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

A computer is comprised of more than just a processor and a GPU. In fact it needs other reliably built components to help it provide a consistent output when taxed.

Please list your proposed build specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

we can then start to give advice's and suggestions. If you recycling parts from an older build, state their age.

OPTION 1:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard: AM4 A320, 2x dimm ddr4/sata 3/glan/audio 7.1/usb 3
Ram: 8 GB ddr4
SSD/HDD: SSD 240 GB sata 3/ 2.5
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570
PSU: 500W
Chassis: Mid Tower

OPTION 2:
CPU: i3 9100F
Motherboard: ASUS H310M-R
Ram: 8GB DDR4
SSD/HDD: SSD 240 GB Sata 3
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560
PSU: 560W
Chassis: RPC Black

This is info given on websites I'm planing to buy from. All components are new.
Thank you so much for helping me.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Neither does look really appealing, Can't find a used system with better specs? Going by a solid seller which doesn't sell bodged systems.

Does the Ryzen system have dualchannel ram?!

The Intel cpu is the better one where the RX 570 is the better gpu. Think that in several games the 1200 will bottleneck the RX 570,but for upgrade reasons this system would be a better choice. Mean getting a Ryzen 2600 in for a decent amount of money (look at used).

What budget do you have and any hesitation to build your own system? What country are you from? If you want to persue this angle.

Solution
Out of those two options, for gaming, the RX 570 / Ryzen 1200 system would likely be the better choice. The 9100F CPU is a bit faster than than the 1200, but the RX 570 is a lot faster than an RX 560 (about twice as fast), and in most modern games that will tend to make more of a difference.

I agree that it might be worth shopping around to see what else is available though.

TRENDING THREADS