News Desktop eSports Hand Massager Promises to Keep Your Digits in Tiptop Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

felicityc

Prominent
Feb 19, 2020
WTHeck? The strain is focused in the wrist... what good is this thing?

Over play sessions blood flow lowers to the fingers especially because of grip types. The carpal nerve plays a part, but blood flow is also a big issue. I have some very bad RSI/carpal tunnel/finger issues from overplaying competitive shooters back in the day with poor personal health practices.

However, it's better to just go wash your hands and stretch them out between rounds or whatever. When I started washing my hands it got better.

Also, to anyone who does have this issue, the same effect can be done by holding your hands in a bowl of ice cold (as in, RATHER cold) water until it starts to hurt a bit- but not so long you can get frostnip or anything. It will hurt, but when you take your hands out, the rush of warm blood flow from your radial artery to the inconsistently cold region of your body will stimulate bloodflow a good deal. It really does help a lot if you have hand pains etc. It feels INCREDIBLE. It's like taking a cold shower; it forces your body to heat itself and wakes you up rapidly.

This is a real issue especially for those with claw grips etc.

Meanwhile, my solution :

cracks knuckles

Free, no power required, available anytime anywhere, with satisfying sound as a bonus

This is completely unrelated to the problem and has to do with joints but I know this was a joke.

Related to the product itself, completely arbitrary and can be done with literally any such tool or with simple stretching practices. This is just exploitative consumer branded garbage.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Over play sessions blood flow lowers to the fingers especially because of grip types. The carpal nerve plays a part, but blood flow is also a big issue. I have some very bad RSI/carpal tunnel/finger issues from overplaying competitive shooters back in the day with poor personal health practices.

However, it's better to just go wash your hands and stretch them out between rounds or whatever. When I started washing my hands it got better.

Also, to anyone who does have this issue, the same effect can be done by holding your hands in a bowl of ice cold (as in, RATHER cold) water until it starts to hurt a bit- but not so long you can get frostnip or anything. It will hurt, but when you take your hands out, the rush of warm blood flow from your radial artery to the inconsistently cold region of your body will stimulate bloodflow a good deal. It really does help a lot if you have hand pains etc. It feels INCREDIBLE. It's like taking a cold shower; it forces your body to heat itself and wakes you up rapidly.

This is a real issue especially for those with claw grips etc.
Noted. I'm a palm grip, so something like this won't do a thing for me.
This item still looks like a load of crap - like you said, "take a break from time to time."

Status
Not open for further replies.