[SOLVED] DESKTOP FOR PARENTS £300 BUDGET. DELL VS LENOVO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2020
My parents (age 60's) have asked me to buy them a desktop computer for xmas and wanted to take advantage of the black Friday sales. My budget is £300 ... £350 absolute max. I have an old monitor and peripherals so not a necessity to include that within that price.

They're light users - general surfing / online shopping / zoom calls / online banking etc. but would still appreciate something snappy and likely to last 5-6 years.

I've seen these two items but from my limited knowledge of computers I'm not sure whether they're any good. Hoping someone more knowledgeable could lend a hand - are these any good or are there better options for that price range ?

Dell OptiPlex 3080 - Intel 10th gen i3 | 4GB RAM | 128GB SSD (£304 with workplace discount)
Lenovo V530-15ICB Tower | Intel 8th gen 13 | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD (£330)

Thank you

Solution
My parents (age 60's) have asked me to buy them a desktop computer for xmas and wanted to take advantage of the black Friday sales. My budget is £300 ... £350 absolute max. I have an old monitor and peripherals so not a necessity to include that within that price.

They're light users - general surfing / online shopping / zoom calls / online banking etc. but would still appreciate something snappy and likely to last 5-6 years.

I've seen these two items but from my limited knowledge of computers I'm not sure whether they're any good. Hoping someone more knowledgeable could lend a hand - are these any good or are there better options for that price range ?

Dell OptiPlex 3080 - Intel 10th gen i3 | 4GB RAM | 128GB SSD (£304 with...

kanewolf

Titan

Dell OptiPlex 3080 - Intel 10th gen i3 | 4GB RAM | 128GB SSD (£304 with workplace discount)
Lenovo V530-15ICB Tower | Intel 8th gen 13 | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD (£330)

Thank you
For your budget, you should look at a Dell factory refurb. 4GB RAM isn't enough.
Something like this -- https://www.dellrefurbished.co.uk/i...ff/1.html?child=dell-optiplex-7040-sff-000013

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.