Desktop force restarts on its own

TwistedxXx

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2014
Hey everyone so having an issue with my pc restarting on me whenever i try to play a game. Never had this issue up untill i moved about a week ago and now kust non stop restarts, my motherboards has tried to do auto repair but to no avail it couldn't even find an issue. I'm wondering if this could be a result of either my PSU or HDD is what I've narrowed it down to as everything else seems to check out fine.Although sometimes after forcing the restart my comp won't boot successfully it'll just restart again mid boot sequence.Here are my specs: Desktop
CPU:AMD a6 5400k
Motherboard: Asrock Fm2a75 pro4+
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Gskill
GPU: GeForce GTX 650 1GB
HDD: Seagate low space very old model x2
PSU make and age: its about 4 years old now

Solution
I'd be looking at the PSU voltages to see if the are in spec. If they aren't, that could be your problem.

You can look at some of them in HWMonitor but you may need a voltmeter for some.

You can google the procedure for how to check a PSU with a voltmeter.
I'd be looking at the PSU voltages to see if the are in spec. If they aren't, that could be your problem.

You can look at some of them in HWMonitor but you may need a voltmeter for some.

You can google the procedure for how to check a PSU with a voltmeter.

Solution

TwistedxXx

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for the help I've come to notice that it is a heating issue after all as it has been really hot where i live lately with allthe Forrest fires and such.. Looked at uefi and noticed my cpu sitting idle at 65°c

TRENDING THREADS