Desktop freezes randomly alot

Jeremy Montgomery

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
ok so i'm lost my p.c keeps freezing randomly even during memtest as I thought that was the problem, i have an amd 9590 4.7 gb processor ( not overclocked) with a corsair h100i gtx water cooler a radeon r9 290 grapohics card and 12 gb memory which win 10 says only 3.96 is usuable prior to me reseating the memory and reseating everything else on mobo it said I had 5.96 usuable not sure why but it will freeze regardless what i'm doing and i'm not sure why I have reseated all the memory everything for that matter and when I run mem test it usually freezes on me does anyone know why the help is really appreciated all my temps are 60 c or under

Jeremy Montgomery

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
alpha 800 w psaz-800s12
I have 2 4gb ddr3 adata xpg v3 2133rm-501-110
2 2 gb ddr3 sticks that came from another pc nanya 1037tw
also if I only put one ram stick in to try and test one at a time my monitor wont kick on don't know if the freezing has to do with me only getting half or less than half of my memory useable

Jeremy Montgomery

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
no its seems to freeze with either of them in there that's why I am confused as to what the problem is especially since it is only reading half my memory even if I use them separately I thought it was an overheating issue but temps didn't go past 65 at 100% load after I got the new watercooler my only other thought is the mobo but I don't want to buy a new one just to test that theory

Jeremy Montgomery

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
well actually found out the problem 2 of my ram slots are not working the memory sticks are fine it shows the ram as installed but wont use it my monitor or fans wont kick on if ram is only in those 2 slots but works and recognizes them just fine in the other 2 so looks like I need a new motherboard after all