Question Desktop frozen of ASUS screen

Feb 19, 2019
I've had my desktop for about a year now and this morning is suddenly decided to stop working, nothing happend before i shut it down for the night to cause this.

so far I've done almost everything i could think of like swapping the ram around, removing the gpu to see if that's the issue, unplugging the hard drives, unplugging all unneeded usb devices, and replacing the cmos battery. i know about forcing the repair with the power button but I'm not getting the loading circle so i don't think i can. and no i cant enter the bios with f2 or del

I'm running the tuf z270 mark 1 for the mobo, any help is appreciated thanks.

Feb 19, 2019
hmm sounds like motherboard failure or RAM failure. Do you have any extra ram you can try?
no i have an 16gb ram set up with 2 sticks of 8 and I've tried removing one then the other with no success, im really hoping its not the motherboard as thats like a $100 replacement.

and i cant wait for shipping as i have a project due soon stored in that desktop

Feb 19, 2019
It could also be the CPU, but i assume do dont have a way to test that either. Try removing and reseating the CPU. That could solve your issue.
well after i just turned it off and removed the cpu cooler, the cooler was still warm so im guessing it works do you think the mobos a definite goner or could something else be off?

Feb 19, 2019
OK then my best educated guess is the motherboard is done. Cant say for sure unless, you have a second CPU or RAM. But id say I'm 75% sure based on the info you have provided.
yea that was my thought but i was really hoping someone would say something else was up, im thinking of just swaping it out with the ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex, thanks so much for your help though.