desktop gaming pc making strange noise

extreme pcgamer

Reputable
Apr 10, 2017
i bought this ibuypower liquid cooled prebuilt gaming pc 2 months ago, and every now and then it makes a expanding type noise that is the only way i know how to describe it. it happens when im surfing the net and i think when im gaming but im not sure. my gaming monitor was making the same noise but not anymore. ever hear the sound of the wood in your home expand? that is how it sounds.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
is the sound coming from the speakers or the machine itself? you can test by hooking up headphones and awaiting the sound with then off, then on.
you could also disable the audio hardware in the BIOS and await the noise.

extreme pcgamer

Reputable
Apr 10, 2017

the sound is coming from the pc itself not the speakers. as far as disabling the audio hardware in the BIOS im really not that technically sound with computers unless its not that hard. could it maybe be the computer case itself making the noise? other then that, the pc runs beautifully and perfect.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
if a fan has thrown a bearing it will on occasion make a grinding noise but that is different from wood creaking.
hard drive spindles can make a weird sound too from time to time but again its not a creak, that is what I take as wood expanding

extreme pcgamer

Reputable
Apr 10, 2017

sometimes the back of my computer gaming monitor makes a cracking noise in the back. do you know why this is?

TRENDING THREADS