[SOLVED] Desktop has 20mbps down while phone and laptop have 200mbps down

ethanpenn

Reputable
May 5, 2018
I'm having a strange issue with my desktop where my laptop and smartphone are both getting 200mbps download speed, but my desktop is only getting 20mbps download speed. It's the only device that's connected via ethernet, and if I unplug the ethernet and try to download through wifi, it caps out at roughly 3mbps. I spoke with ASUS customer support for several hours this morning, and their only solution was to reinstall the entire operating system. That's not really an option for me, as I have software tied to the computer that I cannot move or replace for several more months.

Does anyone know what might cause this? I just reinstalled the ethernet drivers today, as well as updated the wifi drivers to the latest version. The issue occurs whether or not I'm in safe mode, and according to my task manager and router, nothing on the PC is using network.

Router
ASUS RT-AC68U

Modem
Ubee DDW36C

MBoard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero

Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 850 G2

- Make and model of USB or PCI Wifi adapter
I don't think I have one.

- Operating system and driver version

Windows 10
Driver 12.18.9.10

- You will also need to post your ISP and connection type*.
Spectrum Cable Wired

Connected Devices
2 Smartphones
2 Laptops
2 Google Home
1 Desktop PC (Wired Connection)

WIRED LAN CONNECTION ONLY

If you are operating on a wired connection as opposed to wireless these items will also need to be provided:

- Make and model of switches and how many ports are on each switch
I don't think I have any switches

- How many PCs and laptops are connected to the network
1 Desktop connected wired

- Whether or not a NAS (Network Attached Storage) or regular server is connected to the network
No

- Whether or not a Wifi router is connected to the network and/or switch
Yes? The Ubee Modem is supposedly in bridge mode to the router

- If you are using the internal LAN connection on your motherboard, a USB dongle, or external PCI card

Internal LAN connection.