Question Desktop Icon Moving? First time

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
I installed rainbow and it installed Ubisoft connect and it seems that after I closed CSGO,a game that has to scale to full screen as I’m playing stretched,it seems that the Ubisoft connect short cut moved all the way to the right of my screen,why is this happening and should I be concerned.I tried opening and closing CSGO again and it didn’t move so I’m not sure if it’s because of CSGO or not.I went to shut down my pc and I never get the extra message saying force shutting down specific programs but it said it was shutting down some process called task window?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Maybe it was just a glitch. see if it happens again. It doesn't seem common feature of the icon though.

I went to shut down my pc and I never get the extra message saying force shutting down specific programs but it said it was shutting down some process called task window?
do you always get the message at shut down saying its force shutting down specific programs? Just curious as I have been for the last 2 weeks and am wondering if others are too and suffering in silence? Its always Steam for me. I think its a WIn 10 bug as it wasn't happening before an update.

some of the things you see at shutdown may be explorer in disguise. I was getting something called Program manager but its actually explorer. task window sounds similar.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
I moved the shortcut icon back to its original spot and I tried to reproduce the things I was doing before I noticed it moved and it did not move.I don’t know why it even moved in the first place.

For the message,this was the first time getting it,I think it might be something having to do with Ubisoft because that was the only thing I downloaded recently,as for steam I normally fully close it before I shut down my pc anyways.