Desktop icon not visible in taskbar

jstaron

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2004

Hi,

At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the taskbar. With just
one click, I could see the desktop. Can’t get it to show again.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Desktop-icon-visible-taskbar-ftopict554944.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1762796

Hi Joe,

Open notepad to a blank text document and paste the following into it:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the Quick Launch
Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

jstaron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
> taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
> Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

jstaron

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2004

"" wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Open notepad to a blank text document and paste the following
> into it:
>
> [Shell]
> Command=2
> IconFile=explorer.exe,3
> [Taskbar]
> Command=ToggleDesktop
>
> Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the Quick
> Launch
> Toolbar.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> jstaron wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
> > taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
> > Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe

Thanks for the info, but I prefer to fix this issue using Windows.

Joe

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Desktop-icon-visible-taskbar-ftopict554944.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765801

No matter what method you use to replace the Show Desktop icon, the
result is the same.

What method do you use then?

--

jstaron wrote:
> "" wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> Open notepad to a blank text document and paste the
>> following into it:
>>
>> [Shell]
>> Command=2
>> IconFile=explorer.exe,3
>> [Taskbar]
>> Command=ToggleDesktop
>>
>> Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the
>> Quick Launch
>> Toolbar.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>

>> jstaron wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
>>> taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
>>> Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe
>
> Thanks for the info, but I prefer to fix this issue using
> Windows.
>
> Joe

ramsita

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Dear friend,
this was my problem as well, and i did exactly what u adviced and it solved the issue.
THANKS A LOT!
ramsita (india)

fons0311

jstaron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
> taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
> Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

WHOA!!! This totally worked!!!! Thanks Anonymous!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts