I acciedentally changed my desktop icon text properties. Originally the text
was white and had a shadow effect to mske them look dimensional. Now, the
text is black and surrounded by a color. Definetly not as good looking, how
do I go back?

Hi,

Checkpoints to consider:

1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"

2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check
"Use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop".

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"KONABRO2" <KONABRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I acciedentally changed my desktop icon text properties. Originally the text
> was white and had a shadow effect to mske them look dimensional. Now, the
> text is black and surrounded by a color. Definetly not as good looking, how
> do I go back?

i'm not sure where you made that change, but you might try the following
steps and see if things go back to normal:
right-click on your desktop
click "Properties"
select the "Appearance" tab
under "Windows and buttons:" change the field between "Windows Clasic style"
and "Windows XP style"
click [Apply]
then swith the field back to your preference and click [Apply] again