Desktop icons - many selected at the same time

I sometimes find that If i select a desktop icon to opem an application,
several icons get selectedat the same time. When this happens the only
solution is a reboot. When it does happen I get an error message warning that
if I try to open all these programmes at the same time the system will be
very slow. The problem is "I didn't do it!' I only selected the icon for the
application that I wanted to run.Any ideas anyone ?
thanks
Ted

Be careful to click directly on the desired icon, and to keep your hand
steady when doing so. Otherwise, you may be selecting more than one icon.
When this happens, press the F5 button on your keyboard to refresh the
screen and try again.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Ted Parrett" <Ted Parrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I sometimes find that If i select a desktop icon to opem an application,
> several icons get selectedat the same time. When this happens the only
> solution is a reboot. When it does happen I get an error message warning
that
> if I try to open all these programmes at the same time the system will be
> very slow. The problem is "I didn't do it!' I only selected the icon for
the
> application that I wanted to run.Any ideas anyone ?
> thanks
> Ted

Stevem

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

"Ted Parrett" <Ted Parrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I sometimes find that If i select a desktop icon to opem an application,
> several icons get selectedat the same time. When this happens the only
> solution is a reboot. When it does happen I get an error message warning
> that
> if I try to open all these programmes at the same time the system will be
> very slow. The problem is "I didn't do it!' I only selected the icon for
> the
> application that I wanted to run.Any ideas anyone ?
> thanks
> Ted
Ted,
I can't offer a solution, but I sometimes get this as well. I find that any
icons to the left of and above the selected one are selected; also, in
Explorer, all files above the selected one are highlighted. Does this match
your experience?
In an effort to pin this down, what mouse/keyboard do you use? The reason I
ask this, is I suspect the mouse driver is involved. Mine is Logitech
Cordless LX700.
Regards,
Steve.