Desktop just died, please help me identify the cause

Jul 31, 2018
So, my computer just died. I was playing pillars of eternity when my computer suddenly restarted.
The room I'm in is pretty hot so I checked the temperatures using speccy. The processor was at 65C and the hdd at 45+. Hot but not hot enough to brick the processor. Before I managed to turn the fans up or do anything else the computer just shut down and will no longer start.

I can press the power button all I want, there is no memory beep, no fans spinning, nothing.

The orange light at the back is still on and if I press the power button after the power has been disconnected and reconnected the front blue LED will blip for about half a second which indicates that there is still power in the computer.

I suspect that the problem might be with my motherboard, but I am not entirely certain.

I have the following configuration

intel i5 4400
16 gb ram ddr3
asus h81 m-k motherboard
intelhd 4600 graphics
1tb hitachi hard disk

Any ideas would be welcome. I am going to try the paperclip test tomorrow morning just to be sure.

EDIT: forgot to mention, the system is almost 4 years old, never had any trouble until last friday when I had a simmilar restart while playing dragon age but the computer worked fine after that.

Jul 31, 2018
So the computer booted up for about 5 minutes, today after leaving alone all night. Went into windows, moved some icons around the desktop and it died again.

PSU is 500W, couldn't tell you the brand, the computer was already assembled. All i did was upgrade the memory from 4 gb to 16 (max the mobo can carry) earlier this spring. You think it could be the PSU?

I know about the gpu but I can't do anything about that right now.

Jul 31, 2018

Yes.

Took out my PSU. When I cut the power and plug it back it when I press the power button the font led lights up for about half a second and the PSU fan moves just slightly and then stops. After that I can press the power button for as long as I want and nothing will happen. The mobo led is still on, the supply cable is ok. Could it be a faulty pin on the mobo?