[SOLVED] Desktop Keeps Powering on and off

Dec 25, 2018
Okay, I'm currently upgrading/rebuilding my tower. Putting everything in a new case, upgrading the RAM and CPU, and adding a video card.

These are what I got:
GTX 1050
2 2400mZ Hyper X 8GB ram
Intel i5 7500K Processor
Seagate 3TB Hybrid Drive

Having experienced previous issues before (and learning from them), I only used what was absolutely necessary to boot the computer (the ram, cpu, and hard drive). However, within 5 seconds, the machine shut down and quickly powered on again (it didn't even reach the bios screen). It did this repeatedly until I shut it off myself manually. I looked up why this could be happening and I heard it was power supply related. However the power supply I'm using was working perfectly before I put everything in the new tower (this could still very much be the issue though). I have also heard it could be RAM or CPU related, however after an hour of switching between the old parts and the new parts, nothing changed. Also the motherboard seems to fine, as it does turn on when I press the power button.

So yeah, I'm running out of ideas. Its either the PSU or the motherboard.

Solution
Okay, turns out it was a problem with the motherboard. I just got a replacement and when I booted it up, it doesn't power cycle. However it did power off once (with no rebooting) since I forgot to connect a fan. But other than that its fine.

However, now my monitor isn't recognizing the signal; even after changing RAM and CPU. Could I be missing something?
Dec 25, 2018

Just now, I checked to see if there could be any bent pins on the socket but I instead came across small white things (maybe dust?) on the pins of the socket. https://imgur.com/a/tlNDCkh

Could these things be the issue, and if so how could I remove them?

Dec 27, 2018
Not to disagree with alexoiu but I'd not use cotton swabs. If one grabs the pin it could bend it. Super easy to do. I'd say use compressed air at a distance. I also concur with the diagnosis. I had a bent pin destroy my overclocking ability. You look to have several covered.

Dec 25, 2018
Okay, turns out it was a problem with the motherboard. I just got a replacement and when I booted it up, it doesn't power cycle. However it did power off once (with no rebooting) since I forgot to connect a fan. But other than that its fine.

However, now my monitor isn't recognizing the signal; even after changing RAM and CPU. Could I be missing something?

Solution