[SOLVED] Desktop monitor dim after Windows turns it off, then resumes ?

mpjohnso

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
Hello,

I recently got a Gigabyte G27Q monitor, plugged into my desktop RX 570 with DisplayPort. System is a Ryzen 2400G (graphics disabled) on a Gigabyte AB350-Gaming motherboard.

Windows settings are such that the monitor turns off after 10 minutes, system goes to sleep after 30 minutes. It is using the Ryzen Balanced power plan.

After 10 minutes, the monitor turns off, but when Windows turns it back on due to me using the system, the display is at noticeably dim/dark. Similarly, somethings but not all the time, after resuming from sleep the monitor is dim. I have to turn the monitor off and back on for it to go back to normal.

It doesn't seem as if any of the various brightness sliders or levels are changed. The slider in Radeon settings remains constant, as does the brightness level inside the monitor settings. I am unsure what to look for that may be causing this. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Solution
You should check to make sure that your problem isn't from your monitor's power saving features. Some monitors have adaptive brightness. Try and turn off all power saving features if you haven't already just in case that is it.
It seems like the problem is fixed after disabling HDR, reinstalling Radeon drivers, then re-enabling HDR.
Jan 12, 2021
You should check to make sure that your problem isn't from your monitor's power saving features. Some monitors have adaptive brightness. Try and turn off all power saving features if you haven't already just in case that is it.

mpjohnso

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
It seems like the problem is fixed after disabling HDR, reinstalling Radeon drivers, then re-enabling HDR.

Solution