Question Desktop not powering on, next day turned on, the day after that not powering on again

Sep 29, 2021
Specs: asus b450 gaming f
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair vengeance RGB 16gb ram
Msi rtx 2060 gaming z
Cooler master mwe 650 watt gold fully modulair
Cooler master 212 evo cooler

I have this system for a year now

I tried turning on the pc 2 days ago but nothing happened. Tried again next day and it turned on and was stable while gaming. Today I try again and nothing happens.

Please help me identify if it is a motherboard or cpu problem. I have checked the ram, gpu and psu. But those al work. I I have no way of testing the mobo or cpu. The motherboard rgb does turn on. All cables are seated correctly. I tried turning it on by shorting the power pins.

Ryzen 5 3600
Msi rtx 2060 gaming z

I tried turning on the pc 2 days ago but nothing happened. Tried again next day and it turned on and was stable while gaming. Today I try again and nothing happens.

Please help me identify if it is a motherboard or cpu problem. I have checked the ram, gpu and psu. But those al work. I I have no way of testing the mobo or cpu. The motherboard rgb does turn on. All cables are seated correctly. I tried turning it on by shorting the power pins.
Can you test the PSU or swap it out for a known working one? How cold is it in the room with the computer? Have there been any electrical issues on the grid where you live lately? Do you use a surge protector? Have you tried a different outlet?

Reactions: JitsKamps
Ryzen 5 3600
Msi rtx 2060 gaming z

How do you know it's not the PSU?

Sep 29, 2021
Can you test the PSU or swap it out for a known working one? How cold is it in the room with the computer? Have there been any electrical issues on the grid where you live lately? Do you use a surge protector? Have you tried a different outlet?
I have tested the psu and it is working. It is around 19c. No. No. Yes, nothing changed

Sep 29, 2021
I really don't know of any reliable way to test a motherboard and/or CPU. The best way I can think of is to borrow a compatible, known working, CPU and see if that works. If it doesn't work I'd assume the motherboard is the culprit.
The annoying thing is, is that the local computer shop doesn’t have AMD. Looks like I need to go on a drive in the weekend.

TRENDING THREADS