Desktop or Laptop for university? (Electrical Engineering)

BboyDfresh

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
So I'm an upcoming freshman student studying electrical engineering. I'm debating between bring my custom built desktop (i5 4670K, GTX 760, 8GB RAM), or my MacBook Pro. Or I could bring both, but I don't really want to. If I bring just the laptop, I cannot fit my iTunes library, and then school work at the same time (Only have a non-upgradeable 256GB SSD). An advantage however is I can work anywhere. If I bring my desktop. I might get distracted gaming and I'm worried it is going to get damaged as well. On the flip side however, I could get more work done on a desktop since I'm not screwing around in classes, lol. What is your opinion? Can they complement each other?

Solution
Although i am a huge pc fan i would recommend the laptop for university. You have the ability to work anywhere and can use it in class to take notes if needed. As for the lack of space im wondering how cant you fit your music and work on there, whats taking up so much space? if you cannot free up space you can always keep your music on a cloud such as my music cloud. If you do not wish to do that you can always purchase a external hard drive or a large usb to store the music/files on. one last thing is you could use a cloud like onedrive to store non music files. In my opinion there are a lot more possibilities with the laptop than the pc.

chasehornby55

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
Although i am a huge pc fan i would recommend the laptop for university. You have the ability to work anywhere and can use it in class to take notes if needed. As for the lack of space im wondering how cant you fit your music and work on there, whats taking up so much space? if you cannot free up space you can always keep your music on a cloud such as my music cloud. If you do not wish to do that you can always purchase a external hard drive or a large usb to store the music/files on. one last thing is you could use a cloud like onedrive to store non music files. In my opinion there are a lot more possibilities with the laptop than the pc.

Solution