Desktop or Laptop

Vibrus

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
So I am hopefully gonna get a gaming computer but kinda confused about buying either a desktop or laptop. because I know that it s hard to change and upgrade the laptop and sometimes impossible. but I can take it anywhere to play games. What do you think?

Solution
I also agree with you guys, you can upgrade laptop CPU or GPU but on PC you can upgrade it. But PC you can't take everywhere and play games but laptop you can. And the most also in the laptop you can enjoy too much playing games but in PC you enjoying playing games with a big screen. I have also Laptop and sometime I can't enjoy playing games because of the small screen and also the overheat when I play the game on my laptop than my laptop getting heat like it will blast that's why I stop playing a game and waiting when it will be cool than start playing again. But in PC you will never get this issue. That's why I will prefer PC is the best for playing games.

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
The PC will be more customisable and can be way more powerful than the Laptop, making it a better value and future proof. On the other hand the Laptop is more functional but they are a dead end when it comes to upgradability and customization.

manddy123

Admirable
It all comes down whether you really need it's mobility, most of times (in my case oc) i'm at home playing with friends through voice chat, and seldomly have the need to game elsewhere...

Just as said above, you're probably dead set with a laptop if you choose it, with a full blown desktop you could always upgrade it... and if you really wish it to be mobile, you could always build yourself a small form factor PC... Just pick a mATX mobo, some tiny GPU and Case and there you go, as mobile as you could possibly get while keepin all the benefits from a desktop.

Vibrus

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017

so i can't have a lot of upgrade potential in a laptop as in a desktop right?

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

That's correct, On a laptop you won't be able to upgrade your CPU or GPU because they have been soldered to the motherboard. On a PC you can upgrade everything

neil_hines

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
I also agree with you guys, you can upgrade laptop CPU or GPU but on PC you can upgrade it. But PC you can't take everywhere and play games but laptop you can. And the most also in the laptop you can enjoy too much playing games but in PC you enjoying playing games with a big screen. I have also Laptop and sometime I can't enjoy playing games because of the small screen and also the overheat when I play the game on my laptop than my laptop getting heat like it will blast that's why I stop playing a game and waiting when it will be cool than start playing again. But in PC you will never get this issue. That's why I will prefer PC is the best for playing games.

Solution