[SOLVED] Desktop PC Cannot Boot after 5 months

Dec 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

I bought an Origin Chronos back in July, and it has been working fine, until this week. When I turn it on nothing comes up on the screen unless I plug the monitor into the motherboard. The lights and fans all come on, and the keyboard and mouse also light up. I could only get to the bios, and even then after a few minutes the screen would go black. I reseated the ram, gpu, and power connections but nothing changed.

I tried removing the memory, and with one stick (instead of two) in a specific slot I can spend as much time in the bios as I want, but when trying to boot into windows the screen either goes black (after the Origin logo comes up on the screen with the message to get into the BIOS), or I get a BSOD saying that windows encountered an error and needs to collect some data and then will restart itself. Windows almost never restarts itself, or if it does just goes to a black screen, or back to the same blue error screen. I have also tried disconnecting the GPU, and this makes no difference.

I would really appreciate any feedback people may have, and if people think this sounds like it might be an issue with the CPU, Motherboard, PSU, or something else. Thank you!

Intel Core i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming
16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz (2 X 8GB)
500GB Samsung 860 EVO Series / 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black
11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
650 Watt Silverstone SFX Series
ORIGIN Chronos Case
Windows 10 Home

Solution
Any kind of overclock being applied? Any other recent changes or updates to the PC? I had a GPU driver update awhile back that would cause a black screen after the BIOS/UEFI screen was done. Windows was still loading, I could hear the chime, but no video output. Had to manually re-install the older driver after figuring out what had occurred.

popatim

Titan
Sounds like an issue for warranty to me.

you should have one of the following:
Warranty
Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & 45 Day Shipping Warranty
Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty
Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 2 Year Part Replacement & 45 Day Shipping Warranty
Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 2 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty
Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 3 Year Part Replacement & 45 Day Shipping Warranty
Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 3 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty

24/7 LIFETIME SUPPORT
1-877-674-4460 (US & CA)

I don't mean to come off rude, but you paid alot extra for this so why not make use of it?

Dec 11, 2018

Thank you for the advice - unfortunately I currently live overseas so that is why I cannot use the warranty (sorry I did not mention this before). Any other suggestions?

As an update - when the computer is on its side it can consistently get to a windows startup repair screen (only if one of the memory slots is not occupied however). When I select the startup repair option I just come back to the same screen. I also tried a system restore, but that did not work either. Any thoughts would be very appreciated! Thank you!

Any kind of overclock being applied? Any other recent changes or updates to the PC? I had a GPU driver update awhile back that would cause a black screen after the BIOS/UEFI screen was done. Windows was still loading, I could hear the chime, but no video output. Had to manually re-install the older driver after figuring out what had occurred.

Solution