Question Desktop PC stuck at Asus logo without any keyboard action

Sep 5, 2021
Hi,
From almost a month my PC has been working weirdly. After powering it freezes at the bios screen where we see the mobo manufacturer logo(in my case Asus). The keyboard has no action at all so can't do much about anything. Strangely this happens on random days.I already tried few things like..
Unplugging everything---- remove cmos----holding power button for few secs-- changing RAM slots
All those did nothing and system just stays frozen next time I power on. I did try to give it for service but the service guy could not see anything faulty. For him it was working okay. But I hardly doubt he gave it few restarts to even see that error.

Now while writing here I see something new. For staying almost 30mins that frozen logo screen changed to showing normal page like " press F1 to enter setup "
I'm confused whether this is a bios error or something is seriously messed up inside my system.
PC specs:-
Processor---I7 6700K
4GB DDR4 RAM
Mobo--- Asus Z170 PRO Gaming
SSD --- Samsung 850 & 860 EVO
GPU---- MSI GTX 970
PSU ----- XPG CORE REACTOR 750
(Only 1 month old)
If you need any further info I will be more than happy to share as I desperately need help.
Thanks for reading.

Hi,
From almost a month my PC has been working weirdly. After powering it freezes at the bios screen where we see the mobo manufacturer logo(in my case Asus). The keyboard has no action at all so can't do much about anything. Strangely this happens on random days.I already tried few things like..
Unplugging everything---- remove cmos----holding power button for few secs-- changing RAM slots
All those did nothing and system just stays frozen next time I power on. I did try to give it for service but the service guy could not see anything faulty. For him it was working okay. But I hardly doubt he gave it few restarts to even see that error.

Now while writing here I see something new. For staying almost 30mins that frozen logo screen changed to showing normal page like " press F1 to enter setup "
I'm confused whether this is a bios error or something is seriously messed up inside my system.
PC specs:-
Processor---I7 6700K
4GB DDR4 RAM
Mobo--- Asus Z170 PRO Gaming
SSD --- Samsung 850 & 860 EVO
GPU---- MSI GTX 970
PSU ----- XPG CORE REACTOR 750
(Only 1 month old)
If you need any further info I will be more than happy to share as I desperately need help.
Thanks for reading.
could you go into bios? try to download the latest bios on another pc and extract the file, copy it to flash drive, plug it on the top rear usb slot, and flash it.

Sep 5, 2021
could you go into bios? try to download the latest bios on another pc and extract the file, copy it to flash drive, plug it on the top rear usb slot, and flash it.
I was able to get into bios after waiting over that logo screen for approx 30-35mins. Then when I tried upgrading my bios using the "internet "option in the menu it gave the message that my bios was already UpToDate. So now I'll try downloading the bios update file and flash it using usb. Will update soon after checking. Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS