Desktop pc upgrade

grego7gr

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Hello.Congrats for your work.My name is Greg.I have a desktop with mobo Asus p5qc,cpu intel q8400 2.66ghz,ram2x2gb kingston 866mhz ddr3 and Asus gts250 gpu.The problem is that my mobo burn and i cant find mobo with socket 775.Now must change mobo,cpu and ram.Ihave allready order mobo Msi b250m pro-vd,cpu intel pentium g4560 3,50ghz and ram crucial 4gb 2400mhz
I would like to ask your opinion about this upgrade because the budget its not to big and if its necessary to place the gts250 gpu or i can work it with cpu intel hd 610 graphics that the new cpu allready has.Thanks.

Solution
you can use the integrated GPU that comes with g4560. it will do better job than gts250.
there is no problem to keep this GPU , it's just unnecessary.
what is the purpose of the GPU ? if you play games, just go with the best one you can comfortably afford. If it's just productivity (web, office, programming, movies etc.) you don't need a graphics card. Integrated GPU will do the job. instead, get yourself another 4GB of RAM to a total of 8GB - that will improve your experience.
the PSU is fine unless you add a 250-300w GPU - those do not fit "cheap" requirement.