I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
desktop.

"X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."

What's wrong?

Thanks,
McClint
mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

Jim

"McClint" <vitalpilot@core.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
> desktop.
>
> "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
>
> What's wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> McClint
> mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

Your account setup is hosed. The desktop folder for your account should be:
C::\Documents & Settings\<your name>\Desktop.
That location contains you very own shortcuts, but for some reason the
system is trying to access X:\Desktop\, but the folder does not exist.
Jim