Desktop re-direction problem through GP

Hello, wonder if anyone could help me with the following.
I am using Win2k server with 2k & XP w/stations. In my domain I have 2 OUs:
Staff & Pupil, the policy for each points to a different desktop. This all
works great, however this is my problem:

User1 is in Staff OU and gets staff desktop
If I move User1 to Pupil OU, I still get Staff desktop

I am re-directing the user profiles to \\server\profiles\%username%. If I
delete User1 profile folder and let it recreate when they login I then get
the correct desktop. Is there another way around this, apart from deleting
their profile folder, each time they move OU?

CheerZ
Paul

Paul, Use Folder Redirection for Desktop instead.

Have a look at User Data and Settings Management paper.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/user01.mspx

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Paul Howes" <Paulhowes@btinternet.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello, wonder if anyone could help me with the following.
> I am using Win2k server with 2k & XP w/stations. In my domain I have 2
OUs:
> Staff & Pupil, the policy for each points to a different desktop. This
all
> works great, however this is my problem:
>
> User1 is in Staff OU and gets staff desktop
> If I move User1 to Pupil OU, I still get Staff desktop
>
> I am re-directing the user profiles to \\server\profiles\%username%. If I
> delete User1 profile folder and let it recreate when they login I then get
> the correct desktop. Is there another way around this, apart from
deleting
> their profile folder, each time they move OU?
>
> CheerZ
> Paul

Hi Chris, this is where i have set it. Folder Redirection tab for desktop
on each of the OU policies. thanks for the link, ill have a read 2morro
Cheerz
Paul