[SOLVED] Desktop rebooted after benchmark test.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Ok gang. I built my System in January. You can view my specs. And I bought a MSI RTX 3080 OC on Saturday. I reformatted the drive over the weekend. Been running rock solid. Today I ran Heaven Benchmark. It completed the benchmark. As soon as I exited out of it. My system did a reboot. I looked in the event viewer. And all it said was it was an unexpected reboot. And maybe power related. No BSOD or mini dump file. Any help would be appreciated

Solution
Unexplained reboots can be hard/challenging to track down...anything from miniscule RAM errors, software glitches with the app interfacing with Windows, a PSU glitch, etc... (Set WIndows to give/show RAM errors vice simply rebooting when a crash occurs, just in case)

You can start with running a bootable Memtest86 USB flash drive overnight, looping tests, looking for any potential RAM issues.
If the system is rock solid everywhere else, including intensive gaming, I'd suspect/hope for just an odd issue software in cleanly ending/exiting the Heaven Benchmark. (Certainly, a PSU could cause weird symptoms, but, I'd semi-expect that to possibly occur in intensive gaming as well....)
Unexplained reboots can be hard/challenging to track down...anything from miniscule RAM errors, software glitches with the app interfacing with Windows, a PSU glitch, etc... (Set WIndows to give/show RAM errors vice simply rebooting when a crash occurs, just in case)

You can start with running a bootable Memtest86 USB flash drive overnight, looping tests, looking for any potential RAM issues.
If the system is rock solid everywhere else, including intensive gaming, I'd suspect/hope for just an odd issue software in cleanly ending/exiting the Heaven Benchmark. (Certainly, a PSU could cause weird symptoms, but, I'd semi-expect that to possibly occur in intensive gaming as well....)

Reactions: ern88
Solution

TRENDING THREADS