Question Desktop screen tears outside of games

SSSalo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016
Hey guys, i have this very strange issue. I did a full windows reset on my pc. Now i get constant screen tears even outside of games. While watching videos or even scrolling up/down on google chrome.

Specs are; windows 10 pro 64bit. 3600x 16gbs ram 1660super.

I checked that my drivers are all up to date, windows updates are all up to date, tried different resolutions and refresh rates.

I realized this happening right after i did the windows reset option. I did a clean install of the gpu driver a couple of times and nothing seems to change.

Can someone please help me out with this?

SSSalo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016
Hey guys, i have this very strange issue. I did a full windows reset on my pc. Now i get constant screen tears even outside of games. While watching videos or even scrolling up/down on google chrome.

I checked that my drivers are all up to date, windows updates are all up to date, tried different resolutions and refresh rates.

I realized this happening right after i did the windows reset option. I did a clean install of the gpu driver a couple of times and nothing seems to change.

SSSalo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016

Lutfij

Titan
What version of Windows 10 are you on? In all honesty, resetting doesn't do anything. The amount of resources spent, it's just better doing a clean install of the OS, using a bootable USB installer for the OS created with Windows Media Creation Tools. Make sure that the BIOS for your motherboard(assuming that this is a desktop and not a laptop) is up to date. Also did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers?

Three threads, please be patient man, we'll all come around to answer at our time.

Reactions: Cj-tech

SSSalo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016
What version of Windows 10 are you on? In all honesty, resetting doesn't do anything. The amount of resources spent, it's just better doing a clean install of the OS, using a bootable USB installer for the OS created with Windows Media Creation Tools. Make sure that the BIOS for your motherboard(assuming that this is a desktop and not a laptop) is up to date. Also did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers?

Three threads, please be patient man, we'll all come around to answer at our time.

I put 3 threads because i dont know under which segment this topic should be. Thought that was my best bet.

SSSalo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016

Using windows 10 version 20H2. Yes, i did use DDU. Im just looking for any solution i can find. Never had this kinda issue happen to me.

TRENDING THREADS