[SOLVED] Desktop stuttering

Jan 19, 2020
Hey all.
So iv built a new pc and for a few weeks it ran great with no issues. Recently however iv been getting stuttering at random times. For instance, today the pc was running fine then all of a sudden it started stuttering, sound stutters, processes stutters. There are no spikes in task manager and I believe all my drivers are upto date.
running
Ryzen 9 3900
Asus 2070 super
16GB RAM
MSI MPG X570 gaming plus motherboard

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Check your temps with Ryzen Master when the stuttering happens - also check the thermals of the motherboard's VRMs. Msi's cheaper X570 motherboards have thermal issues with the higher end Ryzen cpus.

If Ryzen Master doesn't display VRM temps, check with HWINFO.

Jan 19, 2020
Check your temps with Ryzen Master when the stuttering happens - also check the thermals of the motherboard's VRMs. Msi's cheaper X570 motherboards have thermal issues with the higher end Ryzen cpus.

If Ryzen Master doesn't display VRM temps, check with HWINFO.
So it did it again and the temps were at around 65 degrees. I think I was looking at the right figures. I also ran a program called whysoslow and it came back with kernel responsiveness was bad and bios and chipset behaviour was bad therefore could cause stuttering. Which it definitely was

TRENDING THREADS